Salary: £20,000 – £25,000
Purpose of role:
Supporting the Financial Controller in preparing Monthly Management Accounts in an accurate and timely manner.
Highfield offer full training from our award-winning Management Team, as well as further learning through a structured career path.
Regular friendly challenges and competitions keep your work interesting and motivated, while allowing creative, new ideas to flow. We provide guidance throughout your career with us, and those who are wanting to achieve will have the tools and support to reach as high as they can.
Why you’ll love this job.
It’s the opportunity to build up your skills and experience while working within a team of friendly and professional people. You’ll be responsible for a range of tasks, learning at a good pace with the chance to develop your career in a thriving industry and company.
- Assisting in the production of monthly management accounts
- Preparing journals
- Preparing adhoc reports for directors/team leaders
- Assist in the forecasting of income and expenditure
- Assist in preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Raising sales invoices
- Answering sales ledger queries
- Liaising with clients
- Posting cash receipts on a daily basis
- Chasing overdue debt
- Sending pre-legal and legal letters
- Following credit control procedure
- Match contractor payroll payments to invoices each week
- Setting up payments
- Processing staff expenses
- Setting up of new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Being first point of contact for all relevant enquiries
- Posting credit card statements and expense claims
Success – how is the role measured?
- Accurate preparation of monthly management accounts
- Sticking to reporting deadlines
- Following credit control procedure to help reduce debtor days
- Following purchase ledger procedure to ensure suppliers are paid on time
Want to join a fun, fast paced team and work for a renowned company that rewards your hard work?
Highfield have been recognised in the South Coast awards and Solent Business awards for the Best Company to Work, Employer of the Year, and Management Team of the Year categories. We were recently awarded the Outstanding Contribution to The South Coast Region Award in the 2018 South Coast Business Awards. These recognitions reflect our desire to create an environment that is more than a just a workplace, as well as our constant effort to continually improve this.
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Minimum requirement: AAT Qualified or in their final year of studies (Level 4)
- Highly effective numerically and analytically with sound Excel skills
- Logical thinker with a good attention to detail
- Can work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Polite, well mannered & courteous
- Hardworking & committed
- Disciplined and compliant
- Team player
- The ability to work on your own initiative
You will need ambition with a genuine desire to pursue a career in accounting. You will be training towards a recognised financial qualification (i.e. AAT) and be a proficient user of Microsoft Office suite. Full training will be provided, and you will be working closely with our Financial Controller who will give you on the job training to help you further develop your career in accountancy.
If you would like to know about the role, please book in a 15 minute chat with our internal hiring manager Kay below.