Building Services Team Leader
Join a National contractor with a full range of Clients and contracts nationwide. Our client provides general facilities maintenance and construction project work to the commercial sector as well as facilities maintenance services to the Public Sector and Private Sector at multiple sites.
We are currently recruiting for a Building Services Team Leader to be based at our client site in Stevenage.
Working hours: 8:00 – 17:00
To Lead a multi-trade team to deliver a comprehensive engineering service to the Stevenage site at a supervisory level.
- Contractual compliance for your team relating to performance metric’s and SLA’s.
- A department that is compliant with all regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Maximum availability of engineering assets and equipment utilising safe, efficient, planned maintenance service and fault resolution.
- Line management of the team to ensure personnel under your direct control are fully competent and trained to undertake their tasks.
- To manage the workload of the team including assigning and scheduling tasks / checking on quality and quantity of work carried out.
- Ensure the team consistently carry out their duties to high standards and comply in regard to engineering excellence, health safety and environmental standards as well as Company policies and procedures.
- The Team Leader would be expected to be an Authorised Person in one or more disciplines.
- Provide technical support for projects and assist with commissioning and hand over works for plant and user equipment.
- Ensure asset information is accurate and up to date.
- To carry out engineering tasks related to planned and reactive work activities.
- To be the direct report and take responsibility for subcontractors working in your designated areas, including but not limited to Issuing/approving permits, providing hosting duties, ensuring RAMS/necessary paperwork is correct.
Could this be for you?
- Demonstrable evidence of relevant technical qualifications.
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- A good level of interpersonal and customer relationship skills.
- Strong organisation, prioritisation and communication skills. Ability to work to time constraints and prioritise tasks according to the needs of the business.
- Good leadership, motivational and communication skills are required
- Innovative and focused on continuous improvement
- Ongoing development opportunities
Please contact Kirsty Lockyear to discuss further.