Job Title: Civil Design Engineer
Start Date: ASAP
Highfield Professional Solutions are working with a well-established consultancy based in Essex. The role is for a Civil Design Engineer with a minimum of 2 years experience to deliver road and drainage projects. The client provides civil and structural engineering services on residential, healthcare, industrial, commercial and retail buildings to developers and contractors. The client delivers both new build, refurbishment and maintenance projects.
Tasks & Responsibilities
* Design of estate roads and highway schemes including ability to design and develop planning layout and levels.
* Design of foul and surface water drainage and attenuation systems including a knowledge of sustainable drainage systems.
* Car park and hard-standing layout and design.
* Assist in negotiation of technical approvals.
* Deal with statutory undertakers regarding service diversions and new supplies.
* Visit site, attending meetings and check progress of work.
* Ensure projects are running to schedule. Person Specification:
* Excellent communication skills.
* Must be self-motivating with the ability to organise and prioritise workload.
* Must be capable of working under own direction whilst remaining a team player at all times.
* Should be a clear thinker and capable of making considered judgements.
Could this role be for you?
The ideal candidate would have a background in technical design through inception through to completion of road and drainage projects. You should have a proactive approach to problem-solving and the desire to learn.
* BEng/MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering
* Highly computer literate, Civils 3D, AutoCAD, WinDes/Microdrainage essential
* Excellent spoken and written English
* Working knowledge of planning procedures, Section 38, 278, 104 and 106 Legal Agreements and CDM Regulations
* The client proactively encourages candidates to work towards Chartership
* Generous Salary (DoE)
* 4 x salary life insurance
* Profit share/annual bonus
* Company sick pay scheme
* 23 days holiday
* Standard 37.5 hour week
If this role could be of interest or you would like to find out more, please send a copy of your CV