Job Title: Commercial Assistant
Start Date: ASAP
Highfield Professional Solutions are working with a well-established company based in Kent. The role is for a Commercial Assistant to provide commercial, administrative and data management support to the Contracts and Procurement team and Programme Management Office. The role of Commercial Assistant will be to provide support to 4 main areas;
1. Purchasing and Stores
2. Framework Contracts
3. Strategic Programme Contracts
4. Programme Management Office
Tasks & Responsibilities
The list of duties will include but not be limited to:
* Update and manage Excel tracking documents (Works Orders, Projects, Pipeline)
* Co-ordinate the signing of Contracts (& track)
* Assist with the preparation of Tender documentation
* Administration of Asite Adoddle etendering/Contract Management portal
* Arrangement of Supply Chain Site visits/Port passes/Tendering Events
* Prepare Minutes of Meetings (Dept Review, Team Mtg, LTAP)
* IFS Data Input and administration
* Document control and co-ordination/dissemination of information
* To attend meetings and undertake site visits
* Co-ordinate with stakeholders regarding travel & accommodation requests
* Adhoc tendering and purchasing activities to suit the organisations needs
* Assist in the management of the Supply Chain (SRM)
* Administration and auditing associated with the effective management of Service Contracts e.g. Cleaning, Waste Removal.
* Assist in managing the Stores function to in support of on-going operational needs.
* Assist in the successful day to day operation of the Procurement function, support the purchasing needs across the business focussed on ad-hoc and stock purchasing requirements.
* Ensure the rigorous application of the organisation’s procedures and disciplines in compliance with policy and procedures for the procurement, tendering and quotation of ad hoc day-to-day purchases, framework suppliers, approved supplier arrangements, mini-competitions and call-off packages.
* Ensure all new projects are set up in IFS, adding the associated IFS project Templates, assigning Project Managers, Sponsors, Deliverers to the associated activities and tasks.
* Co-ordinate the activities of the Project Review Group (PRG) and Programme Steering Groups (PSG), specifically be responsible for the preparation of the agenda, the publishing of papers for review at PRG/PSG and documenting any actions and decisions log.
* Ensure all IFS Programme Office tasks and activities are completed on time. This includes tasks to prepare papers for PRG, tasks required to finalise each paper post PRG, releasing of activities and project stages as determined by PRG, liaising with finance to set the budgets approved by PRG.
* Maintain a lessons learnt database in IFS, will be responsible for making recommendations and preparing reports on Lessons Learnt as required.
* Work closely with Finance and Assets teams ensuring IFS projects are set up correctly.
* Update guidance manuals, training materials and presentations for IFS and PMO processes and procedures.
* Provide reporting and analysis on Project delivery performance utilising IFS, MS Word and MS Excel
* At all times, to deliver best value in procurement for the organisastion.
* General administration duties.
Could this role be for you?
The ideal candidate would have previous development/construction/purchasing related document control and/or commercial administration role. You should have experience with data input/look-up within ERP/Accounting software and be able to demonstrate experience of working within a project management team. Ideally, you should have a track record of working in a similar position pursuing and co-ordinating information between multiple stakeholders to strict deadlines
* Clear path for career progression
* 25 days holiday
* Free parking
* Generous contributory pension scheme
* Discretionary bonus scheme
* Private Health Care
* Life assurance
If this role could be of interest or you would like to find out more, please send a copy of your CV