Technical Recruitment Experts
Commercial Gas Engineer
Commercial Gas engineer
Join a National contractor with a full range of Clients and contracts nationwide.
Our client provides general Facilities Maintenance and Construction project work to the commercial sector as well as facilities maintenance services to the Public Sector and Private Sector at multiple sites. This role is a Mobile position based at Corsham, working on a Government contract
The engineering team comprises of 24/7 shift Engineers, day shift Engineers, Engineering Supervisors, on-site Engineering Admin for scheduling and works assignment, centralised Helpdesk for reactive call handling/logging.
Reporting to the working supervisor (Direct Labour) this role will entail:
- Direct maintenance and system owner of site wide heater and hot water systems.
- Delivery of remedial works including any supervision of sub-contracted works
- Day-to-day liaison with clients and where appropriate, building occupants
- Ensuring compliance to statutory, mandatory, and contractual obligations
- Compliance to Safe Systems of Work including any Authority and Permits to Work
- Ensure training and competence assessments for Sub-contractors
- Act as RP for up-stream gas pipe work and assets.
- Assist in preparation for quotations and liaise with sub-contractors and clients to agree variable works pricing.
- To undertake heating/combustion maintenance reactive repair works as issued within set time frames to ensure client expectations are met
- To proactively identify and undertake heating/combustion maintenance works (reactive works not yet identified by the client)
- To undertake heating/combustion PPM works, within set time frames to ensure statutory compliance
- To undertake heating/combustion improvement works as required
- Diagnose and repair faults on systems and plant including basic electrical fault finding
- To evaluate performance and ensure the proper servicing and maintenance of all plant room equipment
Could this be for you?
- Gas Safe qualified and registered engineer
- Likely to have a minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role.
- NEBOSH General Certificate (Desired)
- Large government funded contract
- Ongoing development
- Highly competitive salary and benefits package
Please contact Andrew Macey to discuss further.