Technical Recruitment Experts
Cost Manager – M&E
Cost Manager / Senior Cost Manager M&E
Location – London
I am currently looking for an M&E Cost / Senior Cost Manager to work for my client who are a multinational professional services consultancy operating in over 130 countries. The Cost / Senior Cost Manager will be working within their Date Centre arm, and will oversee projects on both a national and international basis on some of the most exciting projects in the data centre industry.
The Cost / Senior Cost Manager will be pivotal in mentoring and guiding junior members and leading from the forefront on all things cost management. This role will be well suited to an individual that is looking to work as part of a dynamic team working with Clients throughout the UK and Europe.
Cost Manager / Senior Cost Manager Package:
- Salary – up to £85K DOE
- Car allowance £4K
- Pension match scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Permanent Health insurance
- Life Assurance
Cost / Senior Cost Manager Role & Requirements
- Your CV and experience will demonstrate that you have ideally worked in a consultancy, successfully undertaking cost management of mechanical and electrical works at a Senior Cost Manager level.
- Have experience within the data centre sector.
- Individuals will have excellent technical skills and be able to work as part of a team and take ownership for their element of delivery.
- Leading clients through all stages of projects from feasibility, pre-contract and post contract ensuring value for clients.
- Be experienced in negotiation, procurement, post contract cost management, contract creation, execution and analysis to maximise operational and financial performance, reduction of financial risk and continuous commercial performance.
- Be experienced in commercial pricing, modelling and strategies to drive value for money for the client.
- Participate effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable refer major changes to line manager
- Produce monthly post contract cost reports and present to client.
- Provide input into value engineering; negotiate and approve final accounts.
- Degree or equivalent in Cost Management / Quantity Surveying
- Chartered with the RICS, or equivalent
- Strong measurement and cost planning expertise (NRM2)
- JCT / NEC / FIDIC experience
- Commercially astute with good negotiation skills
- Excellent people person and great communicator, both internal and external
- Good technical experience in all cost management areas; pre-contract, post contract and final account.
- Experience of leading cost management on medium or large sized construction projects of medium to high complexity.
- Experience with advising clients on value management, value engineering, and life cycle costing.
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering.
- Demonstrates excellent presentation, verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Great organizational skills; ability to multi-task and be a team player.
Apply today to be considerd for an immediate interview.