Technical Recruitment Experts
Electrical Design Engineer
An exciting opportunity for an experienced electrical design engineer to work within the water utilities sector, supplying frameworks such as Thames Water and Southern Water.
This position is a permanent staff role working for an established electrical supplier to the water sector working on a range of projects and schemes in the South of England. The position has scope to be based from a number of locations in the South, though travel to alternate offices may sometimes be required.
The purpose of the role is to provide design for electrical equipment using design methods such as, layout diagrams, terminal plans and electrical schematics.
- Use CAD systems to design and visualise projects
- Design the aesthetics, materials and functionality of components
- Develop the concept, specification, tender and development of new projects
- Summarising scientific & engineering principles in an easy to understand manner
- Investigating and undertaking analysis on how to improve existing projects or components
- Writing technical reports to summarise findings
- Liaison with clients to identify their requirements
- Identifying new systems and processes to drive quality, efficiency and save costs
- Undertake complex calculations
- Communicate effectively with the clients, colleagues and contractors involved in the project(s)
- Plan effectively to ensure projects are delivered on time, to all designated standards and to budget.
- Whilst any design work is typically office based, you will however, go on visits to meet clients. Site visits will also be required.
- Mentoring junior staff and supervising production and installation processes where applicable
- Carry out any other reasonable request from the management team.
In addition to these responsibilities you would be expected to manage the performance of any staff reporting in to you and undertake any wider business requirements within reasonable scope.
- Relevant industry Degree BSc, BEng.
- IT literacy to a high level, CAD Experience/Trimble
- 3+ years industry experience in design role
- Excellent critical thinking skills and a high level of numeracy
- Creative problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- A high level of attention to detail.
- 2+ years Water/Waste Water Industry Experience.
- Proficient in Office Suite of Products
- Strong teamworking skills, with an ability to motivate others
- H&S qualification
If you are a self motivated, adaptable problem solver and you feel this advert matches your ability, please get in touch by application and a member of the team will be in touch.