New Works Estimator
Join a National contractor with a full range of Clients and contracts nationwide.
Our client provides general facilities maintenance and construction project work to the commercial sector as well as facilities maintenance services to the Public Sector and Private Sector at multiple sites.
We have an exciting opportunity for a New Works Projects Estimator to be based in Porton Down, Salisbury. This role will support our client in maintaining their critical defence sites and contributing to the throughput and governance of new works and projects.
To form part of the new works Projects Team for delivery of all New Works.
- Work in accordance with Contract obligations (NEC 3) EWN’s, Technical Queries, and Contractor Quotations
- Read and understand client requests / documentation for individual pricing requirements in context with main contract
- Work with New Works Team and Client to identify solutions prior to pricing
- Compile pricing submissions in accordance with Contract mechanisms
- Build and maintain good working relationship with Intelligent Customer team
- Working with Procurement to identify & collate specialist supply chain solutions & costs when applicable
- Attend, participate and where required lead Risk Review Meetings with Customers and suppliers
- Challenge sub-contractor costing for most competitive and appropriate quotations to be progressed
- Work with the Contract/New Works Team in identifying cost effective in-house self-delivery solutions and opportunities
Could this be for you?
- Educated to Degree Standard in a relevant subject / course
- Relevant experience of estimating within the FM and construction Industry
- Understanding of NEC3 processes highly desirable
- Experience of working in an SFG20 environment is desirable
- Government funded contract.
- Competitive CV and benefits.
- Ongoing development opportunities.
Please contact Kirsty Lockyear to discuss further.