Join a National contractor with a full range of Clients and contracts nationwide.
Our client provides general facilities maintenance and construction project work to the commercial sector as well as facilities maintenance services to the Public Sector and Private Sector at multiple sites.
They are currently recruiting for a Finance Manager to be based at their clients site in Stevenage
The primary responsibility of the Finance Manager is to ensure that the Company financial policies and procedures are rigorously applied within the contract/s under remit. This will include acting as a business partner to the operational management teams to enable maximum financial performance whilst also ensuring risks are minimised.
- You will also be responsible for effective procurement on the account in-line with budget
- To ensure accuracy and integrity in all financial reporting for contracts under FM remit including full compliance with all relevant Group and US Accounting Policies
- Verifying that financial controls are in place
- Set up and compliance of all account procurement processes
- To support the Account Director in achieving business objectives
- Extensive liaison with site-based staff and operational management
- Regular reviews of 90 day debt and assisting the account teams/Credit Control department in resolving any issues and collecting overdue balances
- Monitor unbilled WIP to ensure works are billed in a timely manner
- Financial and procurement awareness/process training for Operational staff
- Provide proactive business and commercial advice
- Plan and deploy risk mitigation strategies
- Management of contract financial / procurement and stores teams
- Ensure proactive procurement management, with target of 65% PSL compliance
- Financial responsibility for multiple sites (circa £30m annual revenue)
- Work with central finance, HR, IT and procurement teams to ensure overall contract compliance
Could this be for you?
- Professionally qualified with post qualification experience or qualified by experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable staff management experience – training, appraisal, development, support & performance management
- Experience of a high-volume service environment is essential
- Contract based accounting experience
- High levels of spreadsheet (Excel) proficiency
- Experience of JD Edwards System is preferable (but not essential)
- Good commercial acumen/awareness
- Good communication skills – at all levels
- Excellent development opportunities
- Large contract
- Excellent salary + benefits
Please contact Kirsty Lockyear to discuss further.