Fire System Technician – Aldermaston
Hours: 07.45 – 16.30 (16.15 on Fridays),30 minute lunch, 9 day fortnight ( Week 1 Monday – Friday Week 2 Monday to Thursday)
Join a National contractor with a full range of Clients and contracts nationwide.
Our client provides general facilities maintenance and construction project work to the commercial sector as well as facilities maintenance services to the Public Sector and Private Sector at multiple sites.
To provide first line System Maintenance, Reactive & Small or Extra Works to, Automatic Fire, and Fire Aspiration Alarm Systems
- Provide commissioning, installation and reactive attendance for, Automatic Fire Alarm Systems Access Control and Security Systems to other Specialist Services contract sites when called upon.
- Advise or recommend improvement for additions or reductions in the scope of works.
- Produce comprehensive day work / extra works quotations.
- Co-ordinate and professionally carry out Planned Preventive Maintenance and Reactive Activities.
- To be responsible and monitor all contracted, Automatic Fire Alarm Systems
- To carry out any reasonable request for reactive calls or site system moves and changes both by way of small works installation and commissioning.
- Take responsibility for notifying the Service Centre of all activity.
- All standards of work in compliance with All Security & Fire Standards and good working practices.
- Ensure your assistance in Competent Delivery of service and reactive response to the clients contracted Fire & Security Systems.
Could this be for you?
- Educated to GCSE level with City & Guilds or equivalent in installation of electronic equipment.
- Understanding of Asset collation and controlled programs.
- Proven experience on the service and maintenance of Automatic Fire Alarm System
- Proven experience within a similar role or environment High Level of knowledge of relevant Fire standards BS 5839 Pt 1 – 2002, BS 6266 Pt 1 – 2002 BS 7273 Standards High Level of knowledge of relevant Security standards (BS4737,PD6662, DD243, BS5839) with working knowledge of NACP and be experienced in System Performance Executive as outlined in N.S.I.
- Excellent diagnostic and fault finding skills.
- Estimating and Quotation experience, with Project Management Skills.
- Ability to implement a program of works.
- Knowledge and experience of permits to work, method statements and risk assessments
- FSI (BFPSA) Training and Certification (Design, Maintenance & Installation)
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Ongoing development
- 9 day fortnight
Please contact Kirsty Lockyear to discuss further.