Job Title: Structural Engineer (Grad +2-5)
Start Date: ASAP
Highfield Professional Solutions are working with a well-established engineering consultancy based in Birmingham. The client provides civil and structural engineering services on residential, commercial, industrial, healthcare and retail building projects. This role will be to largely undertake structural surveys on domestic properties, commercial buildings and warehouses and then produce structural reports and calculations. A strong knowledge of building structures is essential
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Produce structural reports and calculations of various building structures
- To support the existing Structural Engineering team and assist with continued growth.
- Communicate throughout the stages of a project with Engineers and the team leader when required.
- Attend meetings and site visits when necessary.
- To carry out any other duties that may reasonably be expected.
Could this role be for you?
The ideal candidate will be self-motivating and proactive. A capable all-rounder with multidisciplinary experience within a well-established similar consultancy is preferable.
- MEng or BEng or relevant qualification in Structural Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of how a building is put together
- Structural Surveying experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Able to work as part of a team as well as using own initiative
- Ability to work in a demanding environment under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Confident in liaising with people at all levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Driving licence is essential
- Generous Salary (DoE)
- Standard 37.5 hour week
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working hours
If this role could be of interest or you would like to find out more, please send a copy of your CV