Technical Recruitment Experts
Junior Quantity Surveyor
An exciting opportunity to work with a reputable sub-contractor involved in a wide variety of large infrastructure and construction schemes.
As Junior quantity surveyor you will be responsible for helping to estimate costs, quantities, and project timelines and providing this information to clients. You will be liaising with a variety of other teams and helping to keep a project on track.
The job role of a quantity surveyor involves the following duties:
- Liaising with clients to identify their needs
- Estimating quantities, costs and time scales for material and labour
- Preparing tender and contract documents
- Identifying and weighing up commercial risks
- Valuing completed work, managing budgets and overseeing payments
- Closing out final accounts
- Ensuring projects meet legal and quality standards
- Ensuring that clients get value for their money
- Advising on the maintenance costs of projects
- Submitting regular budget reports
- Time split between Working in our Colchester Based office or on a construction site.
This position would ideally suit a recently qualified QS who has experience with Civils contracts generally working under NEC3.
Salary £40,000 – £50,000 + car & wider benefits.
To discuss further, please call Ali Ward on 07458 161463