Mechanical Associate Director
The Associate Director (Mechanical) role will be to meet with clients and maintain the Company Client Relationships, manage and carry out detailed MEP and Energy designs for a variety of projects from small surveys, feasibilities / energy studies to large scale projects.
The role includes management of senior and intermediate level engineers, managing fees on all projects and ensuring the quality standards required of the Company are adhered to.
The role will be to oversee senior and junior staff, undertake engineering designs, assist the Directors with project management and administration duties; assist with meeting the design team budgets and costs as well as meeting programme and client deadlines.
The role is suited to a candidate who is ambitious, self motivated, a team player and has worked in a smaller Consultancy where design and management of others are required The ideal candidate will be someone who can produce designs from initial design through to completion, including production of specifications, drawings, schedules and cost estimates using word and excel and also manage Clients and the clients team members.
To be successful we will expect the candidate to have the following as a minimum:
- Candidate must hold a valid UK driving licence
- Preferably Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or Chartered Engineering.
- Experience of working in a small or medium sized consulting engineering practice (25 people or less);
- Conversant in AutoCAD and have a working knowledge of IES, Cymap and REVIT;
- First class technical knowledge and strong design coordination skills;
- A track record of hands-on design and delivery experience;
- Experience of carrying out condition surveys, feasibility studies and budget estimates for mechanical services;
- Good commercial awareness;
- Experience and knowledge of current Building Regulations / Renewable technologies / Thermal Modelling / SAPs/ SBEM Calculations/ EPC’s / BREEAM / Passivhaus Standards (not essential).
- Strong client interface and Construction Industry Knowledge
- Experience and use of Revit MEP/AutoCAD
- Experience and knowledge of current Building Regulations / Renewable technologies / IES Thermal Modelling / SAPs/ SBEM Calculations/ EPC’s / BREEAM / GLA London Plan / Passivhaus Standards.
- Working in a small / medium sized consultancy
- Working for a large contractor or local authority / housing association in a design capacity
- Project management of multi-disciplinary projects
- Producing detailed specifications
- Productions of design calculations using manual and software type
- Production of detailed drawings manually. CAD experience essential
- Production of tender packages
- Carrying out tender analysis of returned tender packages
- Production of budget costings for all aspects of services
- Carry out site surveys in various parts of the UK using own car or public transport
- Carry out on-site project management
- Production of condition / dilapidation / CIF bid reports
- Production of budget estimates
- CIBSE Guides
- CDM Regulations
- British Standards
- Revit / BIM standards (UK)
- Energy & Sustainability Regulation & Legislation
- New Residential Developments
- Condition and Acquisition Surveys and Reports
- Contract Administration
- Microsoft Project/Primavera
- SAP / SAP10.2 Calculations
12 months duration
5 days a week in Croydon
If you would like to apply for this position please select apply now.