Technical Recruitment Experts
Our client are looking for a project director to work as part of their consultancy business within the UK infrastructure sector. Predominantly as a business, they are focussed on projects within Water & Environment, Rail, and Highways.
This requirement is open to a number of potential locations throughout the UK, with a particular focus on the South West and Midlands and surrounding regions where you will be joining a growing team of like-minded people that have a passion for innovation and delivering cutting edge solutions. The focus of these positions will be within the UK Water & Environment sector.
As a Project Director, you will be expected to work within a team to successfully manage and deliver capital investment projects. This role predominantly involves providing client-side project management support during all stages of the project delivery lifecycle from option studies, option development, construction tender support through to NEC or JCT contract administration.
Ideally you will have a background in infrastructure project management and experience of the delivery of a range of multi-disciplinary projects within Water & Environment environments. You’ll be familiar with working in large, geographically dispersed multidisciplinary teams on projects at all stages of the project lifecycle including development from feasibility to detailed design and construction.
Could this be for you?
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in large scale water infrastructure:
- Experience working within large water or EA schemes would be beneficial, either for a consultancy or the end client.
- Client-side project management, including stakeholder, schedule, and contract management
- Ownership of and responsibility for the successful delivery of your project
- Preparing and maintaining schedules, including dependencies and resources
- Identifying and monitoring project risks and opportunities
- Quality management processes for project activities and outputs
- Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests
- Establishing and maintaining project governance reviews
- Developing and managing teams
- Managing suppliers
- Ensure commissions are managed to the right quality standards and are completed efficiently and on time
- Strong relationships are developed with clients and members of the cross-functional team
- Business development opportunities with existing and new clients, including cross- selling opportunities, are identified, and acted upon
- Provide leadership within project management business and provide leadership and mentoring to the team
- Manage the delivery of project management team outputs, in accordance with agreed timescales and quality standards
- Co-ordination and sign off on all management information produced by project management teams prior to issue
- To ‘win’ clients through strong business development skills
- Academic or vocational qualification in a relevant technical or project management discipline.
- 10 years of demonstrable experience within a project management role
- Membership of a relevant professional institution
- Experience of contract management, particularly within the NEC suite of contracts
- Salary of up to £85,000p/a + £5000p/a car allowance, private medical for yourself and partner, pension, life assurance, income protection
- Large scale prestigious projects
- Excellent long term career prospects with a growing company
For more information and a full job specification please get in touch with Ali Ward on 07458 161463