Quantity Surveyor – Intermediate / Senior
Location – Surrey
I am currently looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work for a reputable Civil Engineering contractor based in Surrey working on projects across the South East. This leading engineering company has built up a reputation for reliability and exceptional service delivery.
Could this role be for you?
As the Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for managing and supporting a number of small-medium Highways projects across the South East. You must have proven experience working on multidisciplinary civil engineering schemes and a good understanding of methods of measurement.
- Have an ability in negotiating across the various levels of the civil engineering environment
- Agree of interim valuations and final accounts
- Prepare and issue certification for contract payments to sub-contractors
- Provide evidence for resolution of potential disputes
- Be able to advise on potential risks and evaluate options for control
- Demonstrate innovative approaches to problem solving
- Analyse sub-contractor’s quotations
- Prepare and agree variation accounts
- Experience in the environmental and ground engineering sector preferred.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the Client
- Provide on-going cost analysis
- Possess excellent numeracy and IT skills.
- Produce feasibility studies of client’s requests
- Min of 4 years’ relevant experience working on Highways schemes.
- Ideally has studied construction and holds a HNC, HND or BSc; is preferred but not essential.
- Leading engineering contractor offering guaranteed career development
- Salary offering up to £50,000 (dependant on experience)
- Company Car / Car Allowance and more.
If you’re actively seeking a new role you know someone who would be keen to discuss further, please call Shannon on 01489 774010 for more information.