Schemes Delivery Manager
Highfield have teamed up with the contractor who is the UK’s leading highways maintenance provider looking after over 24,000 miles of roads, 280,000 lighting assets and 20,000 miles of footways, always with a view to ensuring that all works are carried out as sustainably as possible and with minimal impact to local communities.
Recently the contractor have been awarded a 7-year contract to provide a broad range of highway services to Suffolk council covering design, construction and maintenance. As a result, we are looking to recruit an experienced Schemes Delivery Manager to manage the carriageway and footway refurbishment programme.
As the Scheme Delivery Manager your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Manage delivery resources to ensure successful completion of highway and streetlighting schemes.
- Manage health, safety, environment and quality undertakings to ensure compliance to company and regulatory standards.
- Work with the Programme Manager and Client to define the Annual Plan/ Contractor’s Plan for the protfolio.
- Manage the delivery phase of the schemes programme and allocate resources to ensure optimum utilisation and programme consistency.
- Undertake design surveys/ECI meeting agree works values to inform commercial target costs.
- Scrutinise the allocation of all delivery costs and agree applications for payment in line with commercial targets.
- Fully utilise project management tools in scheme undertakings
- Promote and actively undertake environmental initiatives and drive business improvements.
- Manage and support the development of direct reports ensuring performance meets required standards.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Experience of managing construction schemes operational resources
- Experience of managing Structural maintenance schemes (Carriageway and footway resurfacing, Surface dressing and others treatments).
- New roads and streetworks supervisor
- SMSTS qualified
- Relevant academic construction/project management qualifications
- Knowledge of Chapter 8 of the Traffic Signs manual
- Working understanding of Microsoft 365, Asta, Confirm
- Demonstrable team working and interpersonal skills