Senior Estimator – Mechanical
DataX Connect is currently working with a specialist MEP contractor who are looking for a Senior Mechanical Estimator to join their Austin team.
Senior Estimator – Mechanical
Location: Austin, Texas
Provide and/or coordinate full estimating services on all projects including large, complex mechanical and/or electrical construction projects. Mentor junior estimators.
They are a specialist contractor and are one of the largest MEP firms in the United States. As a business, they perform the entire mechanical and/or electrical phases of large commercial, institutional and industrial construction projects. They are well-established in their markets and have some exciting growth plans for 2024. The firm have exciting projects across healthcare, data centers and semiconductors.
- Coordinate and lead total estimating effort relevant to particular bid or project.
- Provide complete conceptual and final estimating input on complex projects.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc., to determine scope of work and required contents of project estimate.
- Utilize and understand historical data from estimate, purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc., as part of risk management.
- Prepare estimates FastPipe/Fastduct and/or McCormick/ConEst(Intellibid) estimating software.
- Interpret and/or fill in scope gaps when drawings or designs are Seek assistance from Engineering when required and approved by Chief Estimator or Preconstruction Manager.
- Identify any unique quality control provisions or safety requirements for the project and incorporate related costs into bid.
- Identify any schedule requirements for the project and incorporate related costs into bid.
- Ascertain any risks related to the project in order to guarantee that provisions are made for those risks and incorporate related cost into bid.
- Incorporate project information, qualifications, clarifications, and exclusions into standard proposal letter template for final execution with preconstruction
- Develop final estimate summary sheet and coordinate with Chief/Estimating Manager to finalize related items including general conditions work sheet.
- Coordinate with the field operations team on successful bids to provide a thorough transition to the project team.
- Follow awarded contracts, as assigned – may include estimating additional work items, change orders, procuring material, etc.
- Provide leadership and mentor junior estimators and other members of the Preconstruction group.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Confirm compliance and accuracy of all vendor quotes with scope of work and specifications.
- Maintain and update vendor call list.
- Develop, maintain and submit a conformed set of drawings and documents to operations for secured projects.
- Review estimating book with Chief Estimator prior to turn over. Make (2) copies for turnover and provide electronic copy of book contents.
- Execute Spec Review Form for all bidding projects.
- 8-10 years estimating, cost control and/or engineering experience related to mechanical and/or electrical construction.
- Successful track record estimating and negotiating large, complex projects.
- Thorough knowledge of company procedures, estimating techniques, FastPipe/Fastduct and/or McCormick/ConEst(Intellibid) estimating software, cost control systems and accounts.
- Ability to successfully coordinate and supervise group work effort.
- Superior technical, analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Working knowledge and understanding of current electrical (NEC) and/or mechanical (UMC) code.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary of $90-120k
- $700 per month travel allowance
- Opportunity to join a well-established MEP contractor who have secured work across multiple sectors
- Paid vacations and company paid holidays
- Company joint funding of medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans
- Great company culture and environment for growth