Technical Recruitment Experts
Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
£50-55k + car package and beenfits
Our client has recently been awarded a 7-year contract for the maintenance and improvement of the Defence Built Estate, to include in excess of 20,000 assets.
They are a new business, formed to deliver infrastructure, asset, and facilities management services into the UK Defence Sector. They are a 50:50 Joint Venture between 2 already established big players in the FM and Utilities markets with over 55 years’ experience.
They are committed to enabling Defence capability through maintaining and enhancing the built estate in which our Armed Forces live, work and train.
To manage the timely delivery of the Billable Works (Project) programme for area of remit, ensuring a high-quality output and that all works are delivered within budget.
* Oversee and manage the effective, complaint and timely delivery of Billable Works in accordance with Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
* Support and develop local Supply Chain relationships to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks to successfully deliver Billable Works
* Monitor Supply Chain service delivery, quality and safe working to ensure all performance indicators are consistently achieved.
* Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard
* Ensure appropriate work plans and budgets are in place to achieve programmes and financial commitments, whilst meeting the changing operational need.
* Support end users in the development of new work requirements and the provision of formal Billable Works project submissions
* Organise and motivate a team of professionals ensuring that their objectives and performance jointly deliver the requirements of Billable Works on the contract
* Comply with and manage the agreed system of reporting on the physical and financial progress of
Additional Works with area of responsibility, including planned milestone payments.
* Manage cost and stakeholder expectation through excellent communication and sound commercial decisions to ensure value for money.
Could this be for you?
The ideal candidate will need demonstrable experience of supervising staff in Project Management including:
* Leading an operational team to achieve KPIs
* Stakeholder management
* Management of costs
* Planning, directing and controlling activities
* Proactive performance management of Supply Chain
* Good working knowledge of CDM regulations
* Degree Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering related discipline or equivalent experience
* Current H&S and Environmental qualification at a management level (e.g. SMSTS)
* Associate Member of a relevant professional body (e.g. APM)
* NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent level qualification)
Government funded contract
Ongoing development opportunities