Construction Site Agent
Highfield is currently looking to recruit Construction Site Agent to work on our Suffolk Highways contract in Ipswich.
As the Construction Site Agent you will be part of our Construction Team who are responsible for Construction of all Planned Works.
Suffolk Highways is a new contract secured by the contractor in 2023 for up to 20 years. Under the contract we are responsible for delivering a wide range of highway maintenance and improvement activities to Suffolk County Council.
You will enable us to meet our key contract aim of ensuring high-quality highway services are delivered for the benefit of residents, businesses, and highway users in Suffolk.
As the Construction Site Agent your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Manage and supervise schemes on-site to ensure that work is carried out safely, on time, to budget and in accordance with the HSEQ standards required by Milestone.
- Efficient organisation of labour, materials, equipment and subcontractor resources.
- Liaise with other stakeholders as required to deliver schemes (network managers, LA’s, community groups, Designers etc).
- Ensure Construction Phase Plans, method statements and safe systems of work are in-place before work is started and that required safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensure in-house and subcontractors site personnel are competent and fully trained to undertake their work.
- Fully engaged with commercial teams and takes responsibility for the commercial performance of the project.
- Keep accurate records including site diary, records of works activities, resource allocations and as-built information.
- Supports the Scheme Delivery Manager to develop construction programmes, phasing plans and method statements.
- Develop relationships and work closely with Key Supply Chain partners.
- Assists with Early Contractor Involvement and build ability considerations including Traffic Management incorporating.
- Participate in Value Management process and Value Engineering reviews as required.
- Compliance with Milestone way of working and QSE processes, procedures, reporting and performance requirements.
- IOSH/ SMSTS.
- HNC or Degree Qualified (Not essential).
- Clean, full Driving licence.
Qualities and attributes
- Committed to caring for people’s safety
- Good team worker and communicator
- Ability to control costs within agreed budgets
- Innovative – ability to identify better ways of doing things