Site Manager Job Description
Job Title: Site Manager
Base of Work: On site in Oxfordshire, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Position Accountable For: Site Based Operatives, Contractors
Position Reporting To: Framework Manager
Job Purpose Summary:
Working closely with the Project Manager, the Site Manager is responsible for delivery of projects, making sure they are delivered to a high standard. Supervising the completion of works and undertaking quality inspections ensuring that project deadlines are met.
- Monitoring the progress of the work and performance of employees and sub-contractors on site.
- Communicate to site workers areas of defects and improvements.
- Ordering materials correctly for site as required
- Convey progress information of the project and performance of workers to the Project Manager either verbally or electronically
- Administer first aid to any injured worker on site.
- Report accidents that occur on site and complete the relevant accident reporting documentation. Escalating issues on to the Project Manager where necessary.
- Ensure that any change in the project communicated to workers
- Identify any potential problems at the site and work to prevent it.
- Ability to review RAMS
- Ability to produce risk assessments & method statements
- Able to work flexibly – early starts/ late finishes/ OOH works as needed
- Experience in delivering project to deadline
- Health & Safety Awareness
- Computer literate
- Experience is working with multiple trades
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally
- Organised and flexible with the ability to coordinate activities across a multiple site.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work calmly under pressure.
- Ability to work on own initiative when required
- Detailed weekly reports.
- CSCS Card (Black)
- First Aid
- Asbestos awareness