Technical Recruitment Experts
Telemetry Field Technician
Our client, a reputable countrywide engineering firm are looking for a number of Telemetry field engineers to support their end client Scottish Water.
This position will be supporting Scottish Water on their PSTN replacement programme across the region in a mobile position. This scheme will involve travelling to sometimes remote locations to install replacement telemetry equipment on Scottish Water assets. The base location for this position would be Grangemouth but the vast majority of working days will be spent out in the field, heading to jobs directly from you place of residence.
Could this be for you?
- Comply with all company Health and Safety requirements, processes and procedures.
- Assume responsibility for safe use and care of company vehicle (van).
- Manage equipment and materials supplies required for site work.
- Travel to sites throughout Scotland.
- Be prepared to spend some time away from home in overnight accommodation.
- Working to defined procedures, carry out installation, modification and testing of Telemetry equipment and associated communications devices.
- Completion of task related H&S documentation.
- Completion of test documentation.
- Some knowledge or experience of Telemetry systems would be advantageous.
- Must be able to work under own initiative and be able to drive site work forward to completion within set timescales.
- Must have a good level of Electrical/Electronic/Controls systems technical ability proven through “hands on” experience.
- Must be a team player and able to integrate well into our existing Telemetry Engineering team. Field work will generally be carried out by 2-man Teams.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and have the ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Must be positive, approachable, willing and helpful.
- Must encourage collaborative working where appropriate.
- Must possess good organisational skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritise activities and work under time pressures.
- Must possess problem/conflict resolution skills, both internally and with clients.
- Must hold full UK driving licence.
Qualification in Electrical or Electronic Engineering (Or equivalent through experience).
Job related experience
>2 years “hands on” experience in an Engineering environment.
Skills and knowledge
Some experience in the following areas would be advantageous;
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Control Systems
- Communications Networks
- The applicant must possess good I.T. skills and be fully proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint) software.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation and with clients.
- Base salary of up to £37,000/a + Overtime and wider package.
- Large scale projects with major client
- Excellent long term career prospects
- Opportunity to work in a diverse field-based role out across a wide region of Scotland
For more information and a full job specification please get in touch with Ali Ward on 07458 161463