Project Manager -FM
Herts/Essex -RAF Wyton/Wittering
Our client has recently been awarded a 7-year contract for the maintenance and improvement of the Defence Built Estate, to include in excess of 20,000 assets.
They are a new business, formed to deliver infrastructure, asset, and facilities management services into the UK Defence Sector. They are a 50:50 Joint Venture between 2 already established big players in the FM and Utilities markets with over 55 years’ experience.
They are committed to enabling Defence capability through maintaining and enhancing the built estate in which our Armed Forces live, work and train.
As Project Manager you’ll work on a wide range of new projects within the construction sector. You can be working on several projects at any one time dependent upon the scale and complexity of the project. In this highly varied and interesting role you take the lead of projects such as installing a new roof on a building, refurbishment of staff accommodation to full brand-new building construction. Reporting into a Senior Project Manager for the Billable Works team you’ll be responsible for the planning, management, coordination, and financial control of projects, ensuring the appropriate governance is applied. You’ll ensure the project lifecycle is maintained at all stages and completed on time, within budget and that agreed objectives & KPI’s are achieved.
What you’ll need to do the role:
You’ll need former Project Management experience, you can evidence involvement at every stage from proposal through to delivery. We are looking for someone who has hands on experience managing high profile projects from inception to completion. You will have excellent communication and influential skills, you will lead by example and manage those around you to meet deadlines and quality standards.
Security clearance is required for our sites, successful applicants will be expected to achieve either BPSS or SC clearance as a condition of appointment into the role.
- Oversee the effective, compliant and timely delivery of Billable Works in accordance with Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Monitor Supply Chain work teams to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and ensure that all operatives have appropriate vehicles, equipment and skills to perform relevant tasks.
- Monitor Supply Chain service delivery, quality and safe working to ensure all performance indicators are consistently achieved.
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard
- Confer with local DIO representatives, the Local Customer Service Representative and the relevant Site Manager to agree scope & priorities of Billable Works on a regular basis.
- Ensure appropriate work plans and budgets are in place to achieve programmes and financial commitments, whilst meeting the changing operational need.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the CAFM system, including work in progress and completed job inspections, and ensure all documentation relating to Billable Works are completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
- Review site risk registers, follow management processes and notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems.
- Ensure, as far as reasonably practical, that all persons on site observe the requirements of JSP 375, work closely with the Mobile Authorised Persons team to ensure compliance.
- Ensure compliance with the Asbestos register and management plan and the Legionella management plan.
- Identify opportunities on establishments that will support the MoD’s carbon reduction targets.
- Circa £45k
- Government funded defence contract
- Excellent long term career prospects