Mobile Authorised Person
£43k+car and benefits
Our client has recently been awarded a 7-year contract for the maintenance and improvement of the Defence Built Estate in the South East and have supported the defence sector for over 70 years in delivering maintenance and repair, project management, and refurbishment services to both operational and support facilities.
From large scale re-developments, through to minor refurbishments, their expert teams collaborate with key stakeholders to streamline designs and value engineer project briefs.
We are pleased to share an exciting new opportunity for a Mobile Authorised Person to join our team. They will ensure the requirements of JSP375 are complied with in all activities undertaken on the establishments within their area of responsibility.
- Accept responsibility for the practical implementation and operation of JSP375 to support the effective and timely delivery of Additional Works, planned and response maintenance.
- Ensure as far as reasonably practical that all persons within the Area they are responsible for observe the requirements of JSP375.
- Assess the competence of Skilled Persons for appointment to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and review experience and performance regularly.
- Produce high quality Risk Assessments and Method Statements and, where required, issue safety programmes and Permits to Work.
- Provide professional and technical support and advice to site team, Supply Chain, DIO and end users.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the CAFM system and ensure all documentation relating to jobs is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
- Manage project work as directed by Management and confer with the Billable Works team to ensure that all works are completed to the required standards.
- Review site risk registers, follow maintenance and management processes, notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems and attained and contribute to risk meetings as required.
- Reduce the number of corrective actions (CARs) raised and close existing CARs within agreed timescales.
- Liaise closely with Authorising Engineers and take ownership of personal training plan, familiarisation and knowledge across all sites within the Area of responsibility, maintain accurate records within personal log book for site attendance and activities undertaken.
- Identify opportunities on establishments that will support the MoD’s carbon reduction targets.
Could this be for you?
- Petroleum qualifications or equivalent experience is a prerequisite needed to apply for this role.
- Authorised persons qualification (Highly desirable)
- MOD/Defence sector experience (Highly desirable)
- Technical qualifications & training as requiredbyJSP 375, including:
- Emergency first aid
- Fire safety
- Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g. SMSTS)
- Continuing Professional Development
7-10 year Government funded contact
Excellent career development opportunity
Government funded defence contract awarded this year for a min 7 years
Additional training and development
26 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
Generous pension contribution