Highfield Professional Solutions is working on behalf of a leading Global Consultancy to source a reputable Senior or Principal Structural Engineer for their Plymouth team. The team immerse themselves across a variety of interesting projects across the defence, health and commercial sectors.
The workload will range from feasibility studies to scheme designs and detailed designs. In addition, our client conducts assessments, inspections and construction support on building developments and heavy civil / structural projects.
As a Senior / Principal Structural Engineer you will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- You will be required to take responsibility for leading structural engineering projects.
- Engage with clients to define requirements, present proposals, discuss project progress and undertake presentation of project results.
- Contribute to business development.
- Effectively control commercial, managerial and technical aspects of projects or parts there-of for which you are responsible.
- Undertake, or lead a team of engineers and technicians in undertaking, technically challenging projects without supervision within prescribed programme constraints.
- Co-ordinate project delivery with internal and external clients.
- Undertake structural engineering projects, by performing analyses and calculations as appropriate, along with preparing design reports for client submission without supervision.
- Supervise work undertaken by others, ensuring that it is carried out to the appropriate technical standard and that it is managed to programme and budget.
- Have a desire to learn new skills and the ability to consider the wider engineering issues related to the analyses being undertaken.
Could this role be for you?
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly reputable Global Consultancy. If you have the desire, drive and capability to work on an exciting portfolio of projects and tick the below points, then this opportunity could be for you.
You will have:
- Achieved a Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Ideally attained Chartered Status (IStructE or ICE).
- Experience in building structures or heavy civils.
- A proven track record in the delivery of projects for clients or within project delivery.
- Deliver design solutions as well as lead teams and successfully manage projects.
- Working knowledge of construction contracts and commercial acumen.
- The ability to attain MOD security clearance.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, the role will offer the following:
- A fantastic opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects with a leading Global Consultancy
- Hybrid / flexible working
- A competitive salary
- 25 Days’ holiday + bank holidays
- 2 Days’ CSR to allow to give back to the local community
- Company pension scheme
- Company support towards professional development
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Paid professional membership fees
- 15 Days’ paid holiday if you are a member of the Armed Forces Reserves for training commitments
- Social events
For further information or to apply please contact Simon Frampton on 01489 888467