Pre-Construction Project Coordinator
Porton Down, Salisbury
Join a National FM contractor with a full range of Clients and contracts nationwide.
Our client provides general facilities maintenance and construction project work to the commercial sector as well as facilities maintenance services to the Public Sector and Private Sector at multiple sites.
We are currently recruiting for a Pre-Construction Manager to join their team covering Porton Down.
The role of the pre-construction coordinator is to aid the project teams in the review of project pre-construction information and help identify deliverables of the projects. The role will also be responsible for the management of CDM activities and Principal contractor / principal designer requirements. To act as a conduit between the client CDM advisory capability and our internal projects team.
- Review of client pre-construction information to help influence development of project scope and deliverables
- Review and approval of project construction phase plans
- Understand and challenge technical documents relating to design and construction
- Recommend if additional external resources are required to support the project deliverables
- To review RIBA stage designs submitted by subcontractors or the client and provide feedback
- When required help with the development of designs into later stages
- Lead in the application of the principal designer requirements within each project
- Working with the project managers, ensure all principal contractor and principal designer requirements are met
- To help review and manage project safety controls and coordinate project safety inspections and identifying trends for improvements
- To act as a liaison between external bodies (building control, DFSA etc..) to ensure correct communications established between projects
Could this be for you?
- An ability to deliver results, with a minimum of supervision, to meet agreed output dates
- Experience of working in a Facilities Management environment, or within a team constructing new building projects, will be an advantage
- A qualification at ONC, or equivalent NVQ level, in a construction or building services subject will be an advantage
- Ability to gain SC security clearance is essential