Stafford -Beacon Barracks
Our client has recently been awarded a 7-year contract for the maintenance and improvement of the Defence Built Estate, to include in excess of 20,000 assets.
They are a new business, formed to deliver infrastructure, asset, and facilities management services into the UK Defence Sector. They are a 50:50 Joint Venture between 2 already established big players in the FM and Utilities markets with over 55 years’ experience.
They are committed to enabling Defence capability through maintaining and enhancing the built estate in which our Armed Forces live, work and train.
Overseeing the delivery of Reactive & Programmed maintenance on the Establishment to ensure Key Performance indicators are met and tasks are completed to a standard that meets the contractual ‘First Time Fix’ requirements.
- Undertake Programmed maintenance inspections as required.
- Undertake assurance activities in line with Contract Quality Plan
- Ensuring that all Maintenance and Billable Works activity carried out on site is conducted within JSP 375. Working closely with the AP’s.
- Delivering Billable works (<£25k) as directed by Line Manager.
- Reviewing all Inspection Reports and certification raising the necessary Remedial tasking and SONs for works >IRT, as appropriate, ensuring that Statutory remedials are correctly identified and actioned on the CAFM.
- Carrying out the duties of; Asbestos Responsible Person, Legionella Responsible Person, Temporary Works Coordinator and CDM Principal Designer/Principal Contractor.
- Identifying opportunities to reduce energy consumption on site and initiate Billable Works as appropriate by the raising of Statements of Need.
- Drafting Statements of Need (SONs) to support the Sustain/Maintain/Change Billable Works requirements needed to manage the estate effectively.
Could this be for you?
- Experience in delivery of Planned Maintenance and KPI management
- ONC/BTEC level qualification electrical/mechanical engineering related discipline (or equivalent experiential experience)
- Significant experience in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field including:
- Experience of the Asbestos at Work Act, energy performance, Sustainability, CDM regulations and ideally the MOD environment
- Technical training to maintain and develop technical competence and awareness in the following:
- Asbestos / Legionellosis Responsible Person
- Familiarity with the sites and assets for which the person is responsible
- Emergency first aid
- Fire safety
- IOSH or equivalent qualification
- Previous use of CAFM applications
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- An understanding of energy reduction methods